Dreno Pumps Catalogue
Use and maintenance manuals
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in users’ computers or devices when they visit a website. The text holds information that the website can read when it is consulted at a later time. Some of these cookies are needed for the site to work correctly, while others are useful to visitors because they safely store their username and password or other information such as their preferred language.
How can I disable cookies?
A very simple procedure allows you to edit the browser settings and disable cookies.
- Open Firefox
- Press the “Alt” key on the keyboard
- Select “Tools” and then “Options” in the toolbar at the top of the browser.
- Then select the “Privacy” tab.
- Go to “Firefox will:” and set it to “Use custom settings for history”. Untick “Accept cookies from sites” and save the preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the “Tools” button and then “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab and move the mouse to the privacy level that you want to set (up to block all cookies or down to allow all of them).
- Click OK.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the “Tools” icon.
- Select “Settings” and then “Advanced settings”.
- Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”.
- Under “Cookies”, you can block cookies either partially or completely. Open the “See all cookies and site data” tab to find and delete specific cookies.
Type chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar and press enter.
This will open the “See all cookies and site data”, where you can find and delete specific cookies.
- Open Safari.
- Open “Preferences” in the toolbar, then select the “Security” panel in the dialogue box that opens.
- In the “Accept cookies” section, you can specific if and when Safari can save cookies from websites. Click the Help button (marked with a question mark) for further information.
- Click “Show cookies” for more information about the cookies stored on your computer.